Friday, June 29, 2007

Some New Card Samples

It's been awhile since I've posted any card samples so thought I'd upload a few cards that I made recently. I have a few more that I haven't taken pics of yet but will try to do so soon.

You're the Cat's Meow....I can remember when the "Cool Cat" stamp set was first released by Stampin' Up. My friend Holly just thought it was the cutest stamp set and I didn't like it at all. Well I must say that it really grew on me and became one of my favorites. In fact I'm sorry to see that it is being retired by Stampin' Up.

This was a pretty simple card. I used the Cool Cat stamp set, Basic Black Classic Stamp Pad, Whisper White and Basic Black cardstock from Stampin' Up, narrow pink grosgrain ribbon I found at Wal-mart and Pink with White Swirls scrapbook paper from The Paper Studio. I love the curvy paper cutter from Creative Memories that I used to cut the wavy part of the card with and of course my deco scallop punches from Marvy. Very easy card!!!!
















Happy, Happy Birthday.....Another very simple card. For my last workshop I tried to make some quick & easy projects using a limited number of supplies and also using some of my scrap cardstock. For this card I used the Happy Everything and Birthday Best stamp sets from Stampin' Up. The Birthday Best is also being retired however the Happy Everything is still available in Stampin' Up's new Fall and Winter catalog. For the balloons I used up some scrap cardstock by stamping the balloons on various colors of cardstock, cutting them out and adhering them to balloons that were stamped on the front of the card. For this card I used Whisper White, Lovely Lilac and Only Orange cardstock from Stampin' Up and added brads to coordinate with the cardstock.
















Sew.....This one came right out of the 2006-2007 Stampin' Up Idea Book and Catalog. I used the Sew Season stamp set which is also being retired and the cooridinating jumbo wheel "Sew Sweet". For this card I used Chocolate Chip and More Mustard grosgrain ribbon, Chocolate Chip, Marigold Morning, Naturals White, Pumpkin Pie, and Always Artichoke cardstocks and Classic Stamp Pads. Yet another quick & easy card!
















Deer.....This card is also based on a sample card in the 2006-2007 Stampin' Up Idea Book and Catalog using the Noble Deer and It's Your Birthday stamp sets. I used Kraft andAlways Artichoke cardstock and Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa and Always Artichoke Classic Stamp Pads. Again...another quick and easy card!















Origami....For this card I used the It's Your Birthday stamp set from Stampin' Up. I used barely banana and bashful blue cardstock, light blue grosgrain ribbon, Basic Black Classic Stamp Pad, Stampin' Up brad and some patterned scrapbook paper from a paper pack I had bought at JoAnn's or Michaels. I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the barely banana piece of cardstock.



















No comments: